Inspection is a procedure to check and verify if the quality, quantity, and performance of an item meets the predetermined specifications and standards. Performing inspections of materials and/or raw materials prior to manufacturing and assembly can have a positively baring effect on the quality of the final product.
SEACORR Engineering can provide material inspection services on behalf of clients all over the world. Material is inspected for visual flaws, dimensional verification, quality compliance and quantity against client provided specifications.
Some of the materials we can inspect are:
- Mechanical items: plates, pipes, tubing, fittings, fasteners, gaskets, castings etc.
Material inspection is done as per client approved ITP, client issued PO & specifications. Inspection stages are:
- Visual inspection of material to check for any damage, pitting, corrosion, excessive rusting etc.
- Dimensional material inspection to check pipe diameter, pipe ovality, thickness, straightness
- Mill marking verification to ensure all required markings such as heat nos., mill name, size, material specification etc. as required by code & specification
- Review of material test reports to ensure all chemical & mechanical properties including hardness values are recorded
- Fabricated items: pressure vessels, heat exchangers, boiler, piping, structural process skids etc.
Fabricated items such as pressure vessels as material inspection are inspected at inspection stages as per approved inspection and test plan (ITP) including review / witness of welding procedures, fit-up inspection, review of RT films, weld visual inspection, final visual & dimensional inspection, witness of pressure tests, painting inspection, packing inspection etc.
- Valves inspection: Material inspection of valves includes stage inspection during manufacturing, visual and dimensional inspection, witness of body/seat pressure tests, packing inspection etc.
- Electrical and Instrumentation items: cables, motors, transformers, control panels, switchgears etc.
E&I material inspection includes motor run test, compressors FAT, cables continuity test, switches functional test etc.
- Forgings inspection: Material inspection for forgings includes pattern’s dimensional inspection, pouring inspection and sampling, witness of chemical & mechanical tests, review of Radiography test (RT) films, visual & dimensional material inspection, mill markings verification etc.
- Castings inspection: Material inspection for castings includes pattern’s dimensional inspection, pouring inspection and sampling, witness of chemical & mechanical tests, review of Radiography test (RT) films, visual & dimensional material inspection, mill markings verification etc.
SEACORR Engineering has provided material inspection on behalf of major reputed Third Party Inspection companies such as RINA, DNV GL, TUV Nord, TUV Sud, Lloyds Register and ABSG0